Lola & Ben Organic Cotton Baby Sleeping Bag
The Lola & Ben ® Baby Sleeping Bag is so versatile. For hot summer day or night time sleeps, simply pop your baby into the Sleeping Bag and the GOTS 100% Organic Cotton will keep him/her comfortably covered without overheating. Rest easy knowing your baby is comfortable, with no risk of blankets kicked off or over baby’s head. Ideal for wriggly sleepers. The Lola & Ben ® Baby Sleeping Bag is best suited to temperatures greater than 26°C
- Clever Seat Belt Slot enables you to take your sleeping baby with you. Simply zip & dome up the slot when not in use (no escaping feet)
- Clever pram and car seat slot for ease of transportation
- Made in New Zealand with GOTS 100% Organic Cotton
- Four natural, gender-neutral designs
- Ability to add zip-in zip-out 100% NZ Merino wool liners to adapt to every season (sold separately or as part of a pack)
- Adjustable neck opening for NB-6mths and 6mths-2yrs - no need to buy multiple sleeping bag sizes
- 2-way front zip for easy access when changing baby
- Excellent quality, ethically made, 100% Natural material- GOTS certified organic cotton- ensure safety, comfort and warmth for babies.
Birth to 2+Years. Measures 94 cm from Shoulder to Base. The neck opening is adjustable to suit your baby as they grow.
Machine wash 40ºC, general washing detergent, do not bleach, may be tumble dried on low 40ºC. Do not iron over print.
About GOTS Organic Cotton
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres. The standard covers the processing, manufacturing, packaging, labelling, trading and distribution of all textiles made from at least 70% certified organic natural fibres.
Organic Cotton is best for babies because their skin is more porous and thinner than an adult’s skin, which means a baby’s skin absorbs things very easily. A baby’s skin is also less resistant to bacteria and harmful substances in the environment, especially if it’s irritated. Babies also sweat less efficiently than the rest of us, so it’s harder for them to maintain their inner body temperature.
Organic cotton is farmed in more sustainable, less toxic ways than conventional cotton. Pesticides are not used; rather, other safer methods are used to produce the crops. Organic cotton is safer, sturdier, and feels soft against the skin.
Organic clothing may be more expensive initially, but it will last for 100 washes or more before it begins to wear down. This is because the cotton fibers in conventionally produced cotton go through scouring, bleaching, dying, softeners, formaldehyde spray, and flame and soil retardants before it is even shipped to be cut for patterns. Conventionally produced cotton material lasts 10-20 washes before it begins to break down.
Cotton is a natural, 100% organic fabric which does not rub harshly against baby’s soft skin. The nature of cotton permits it to absorb and remove moisture easily. It is non allergenic, so you don’t have to worry about baby breaking out in rashes or eczema. Cotton is durable and easy to use. You can wash and dry cotton fabrics easily in hot or cold water and they can be tumble dried or hung up to dry.